Monday, March 27, 2006

Thurman's Cafe

If you come to visit us and you're really nice, we'll take you to Thurman's Cafe.

Saturday night we went out to dinner with our good friends the Zozzes. Donny Zozz went to medical school with Larry and is also a resident in internal medicine at OSU. They were in the mood for burgers and didn't mind a wait so we knew just where to take them.

Thurman's is a total hole-in-the-wall in German Village. It doesn't look like much from the outside, parking is difficult, and there's always a long wait, but the food is absolutely worth it. Larry says first timers must try the Thurman burger, 3/4 lb. of hambuger stacked with gobbs of hams and mushrooms and pretty much any other topping that you can think of.



It's way too big to really fit in your mouth and there is no way to be pretty while eating it. The Zozzes just stared in disbelief when our order came to the table. Then they laughed and said that they didn't even know how to begin. Larry told them they better start because if it sits too long and the bun gets soggy the game is over.

And yes, Larry ate the whole thing and then had some of my huge chicken and ham sandwich!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you do if your herbaviore (english spelling) friends such as me comes to towne?

Stephanie Ford said...

If my herbavore friends come to town, I take them to Aladdin's for the best vegetarian middle eastern food and then I take them to Rita's Italian Ice (which I really enjoy since I'm not a red-meat eater myself).

Anonymous said...

Ummm... the picture makes me hungry.

Not much for herbivores at Thurman's, but options exist in Columbus. (It just takes more work to find them).