Monday, May 22, 2006

100 Things (1-30)

So I was planning to mimic my friend Laura by posting 100 things about myself, but it looks like I only have time to list 30 things so you can look forward to the rest later. I just little whateve came to mind so you're going to think I'm a little crazy so maybe this list is better in smaller proportions anyway. Here's what I have so far:

  1. I have lived in Santa Monica, CA; Arcata, CA (very Northern); Logan, UT; Clemson, SC; Cookeville, TN; Washington, DC; Orem, UT; Provo, UT; Laie, HI; and Columbus, Ohio.
  2. I was an exchange student for a summer in Kawasaki, Japan
  3. I studied abroad in London
  4. Larry and I will live in Columbus for 7 years (and even longer if he does his fellowship here) that means the longest I will have lived anywhere will be Columbus. I think I’m officially an Ohioan.
  5. When I was little used to love troll dolls. I had tons of them and I built very intricate houses for them.
  6. My favorite movie is Sense and Sensibility
  7. I collect leaf plates and Mr. Potato heads and I really want the new Artoo Potatoo Potato head
  8. I’m afraid of ducks and geese. They totally freak me out. If you look into their eyes you can clearly see that they are planning world domination!
  9. I own Punky Brewster seasons one and two on DVD.
  10. I have never owned a cell phone.
  11. I hate garden gnomes and am tragically married to someone who would love to have a yard full on them.
  12. I would love to be a writer or a children’s literature professor.
  13. I want to travel to Italy, Australia, and Alaska
  14. I am so excited for Gail Carson Levine’s new book Fairest, Stephenie Meyer’s new book New Moon, and Shannon Hale’s new book River Secrets to come out this fall.
  15. I am truly awful at calling people back.
  16. I’m really tempted to order the first season of the Adventures of Pete and Pete on Amazon because I want to know if it’s really as bizarre and entertaining as I remember it.
  17. I want to have poppies in my yard but I’ve tried to plant them three times and I keep killing them. What am I doing wrong?
  18. It just takes fifteen minutes outside for me to become totally sunburned.
  19. I designed some cute graduation party invitations for a friend today.
  20. In ninth grade I really wanted to be a fashion designer and I made a dress out of men’s ties.
  21. Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive The Bus by Mo Willems is my favorite picture book. In graduate school I wrote a paper comparing it to another of my favorites, The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone.
  22. I’m in the middle of reading The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency (yes, it’s true; sometimes I read books that were actually written for adults).
  23. I just set a goal to try to be better about writing Thank You notes so you might be getting one in the mail soon. I love collecting stationary; I’m just not very good at using it.
  24. I don’t check email on the weekends.
  25. From the ages of about five to seven, every time I wished on a star I wished to have one of each kind of My Little Pony.
  26. I am going to be expanding my book club horizon and I am going to host a grown-up book club in October. I think we will be reading Dodie Smith’s I Capture the Castle because it’s oh so lovely.
  27. I don’t think that very many people regularly read this blog.
  28. It doesn’t take much to make me cry.
  29. I am self-conscious about all of the pictures I take because my dad and my sister are amazing photographers.
  30. I am excited to go on a letterboxing adventure with my friend Kelly on Wednesday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I check your blog regularly and I loved reading 1-30! :)

I am Laura said...

I read your blog as well, and I think you make your life so fun by doing so many things. How do you even have time to read as much as you do?

Cassie L. said...

I usually read it twice a day!!

Stephanie Ford said...

How do I have so much time? Hmmm, I'd say it's a combination of having no kids and a husband who is always working at the hospital.

And Jen- as far as the Pete and Pete thing goes, I didn't watch that show a lot , but I've seen a few things that reminded me of it and I tried to explain it to Larry and he thought I was crazy. I think it's a cultural experience he needs to have to get what I'm talking about and he can have it for the low price of $13.99!

PS- Jen I saw you posted on your blog again! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

It was fun learning new things about you. I'm excited to read the rest. I read your blog a few times a week.

Anonymous said...

Hey you better post that I gave "I capture the Castle" to you because it will probably be the one and only time that I ever get to give you a book to try.

Candice