Wednesday, May 24, 2006

100 Things (31-60)

I had a hard time coming up with 30 more semi-interesting things about myself without just listing a bunch of things I like and dislike or telling you things that you would already know from the rest of the blog. I don't know if I'm ever going to make it to 100. Anyway, here are the next thirty. They're not formatted very well because I had a hard time with the way blogger numbers things. Sorry!

31. I don’t have cable TV.
32. My first real job was working in my mom’s quilting and gift shop.
33. I mocked my dad and little sister for loving the movie Danny Deckchair, but then I watched it and it is actually pretty good.
34. My little sister just got a puppy and I tried so hard to convince her to name it John Stamos so she could copy her favorite Andy Milanokis skit and run around saying things like, “Help. Help, my John Stamos is stuck in a tree!” but she refused and said her husband wanted to name it Bob. Then I tried to get her to give it another celebrity name like Lorelai on the Gilmore Girls named her dog Paul Anka, but she was not interested in naming it Bob Villa or Bob Saget (Which was quite a slap in the face to Bob Saget because Marissa has even made T-shirts that said “Bob Saget Loves me!”)
35. I go overboard decorating for holidays. I get it from my mom who gets it from her mom.
36. I wish all of my friends and family members had Amazon wish lists. It makes gift giving so much easier!
37. I love getting good mail (not junk mail or bills). Every day when I get home from work the first thing I do is check the mailbox.
38. I have a hard time throwing away magazines after I’ve read them.
39. My middle name is Lynne. In college a boy I was dating asked one of my best friends how to spell my name so he could have something engraved and when I got it he left the “e” off of Lynne and he got mad at my friend who said that it was a stupid way to spell Lynne so after that my new nickname was Lynnie because my roommates all agreed that’s how it should be pronounced.
40. I’m a certified Notary.
41. My first word was read.
42. I originally wanted to name this blog Creative Sparks, but the name was already taken.
43. My maiden name is Borup. It’s pretty unusual so if you know anyone else with that last name, they’ve got to be related to me.
44. French toast is one of the very few foods that I make well.
45. I played lacrosse in high school and college and haven’t picked up a stick since because I have no one to play with, and I would feel a little bad teaching Larry to play with one of my girls’ sticks.
46. I have only watched one R-rated movie, Schindler’s List on an eighth grade field trip.
47. The smell, sight, or sound of throw-up makes me throw up so one day when we have kids Larry is doomed to cleaning up after sick kids on his own.
48. I can’t stand country music (except some Dixie Chicks songs, which Larry would tell you makes me a hypocrite).
49. When I was in the fourth grade my sisters both signed up for gymnastics, and I decided to take sewing lessons instead. I got my first sewing machine a year later.
50. I am not a morning person. I have always been difficult to wake up, and I shower at night so I can stay in bed until the last possible minute.
51. Before Larry and I became really serious I thought that I never ever wanted to get married, and it took me awhile to get over it. It’s a good thing he’s so patient.
52. I love being in a children’s literature book club for adults, but I’m unsure of how things are going to go with so many of my favorite club members moving this summer.
53. I love watching old musicals.
54. I don’t get brain freeze when I drink or eat really cold things.
55. I can only wink one eye.
56. I have no desire to ever go to a high school reunion. Surviving Timpview was hard enough, why would a voluntarily go back? I keep in touch with most of the people that I care about from high school anyway (except my friend Sarah Hanka that I’ve been trying to track down. Does anyone know how to get U of U alumni information?)
57. I would rather be cold than hot. Humidity and I are not friends!
58. I don’t know how to change a tire.
59. I took a backpacking class in college, and I got poison ivy on a three day trip, and I found out that I’m so allergic to it that if left untreated it would eventually cause my death.
60. Even though I have never written a book, I am a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writer’s and illustrators (SCBWI).

5 comments:

I am Laura said...

I have an amazon wish list and you are free to buy me something from it anytime. Ha Ha.

Anonymous said...

Steph, Your life seems so fun and I love reading your blog. Also,why register for gifts when you are so good at buying the perfect presents for people? You have a gift for gifting. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that last comment was from your mom....I'm not very good at this but I'll catch on.

Anonymous said...

One thing you didn't know about me is that I'm addicted to this blog and I have not been able to sleep wondering why there are no new posts? Have you died? Have you gone on vacation? Have you found a letterbox with a million dollars in it? I can't sleep I need to know!!!

Stephanie Ford said...

Nope, my reason for not posting is much more boring than that, I kept forgetting to bring my flash drive with my pictures to work and I couldn't get my internet connection working from home. I'm back online now so hopefully you can sleep again. Who was that comment from anyway?