Tuesday, May 30, 2006

100 Things (61-80)

I'm still working on my 100 things. I'm really running out of things to put on this list so I'm only adding 20 today. I'll tell you about my weekend later when I can download the pictures.


61. I think honey and maple syrup are so gross. I can’t stand the taste or texture of either of them!
62. I love Target. I love to have time just to wander there, but I’m not as obsessed as this person http://slavetotarget.blogspot.com/
63. I have gone to Lois Lowry and Linda Sue Park book signings.
64. I really want to go to two performances that I know of in Columbus this coming year; Broadway’s touring production of Wicked and Ballet Met’s Whodunit? Ballet.
65. I’ve never mowed the lawn.
66. I was born three weeks late so my mom was pregnant with me for ten months!
67. Larry and I are trying to pick a place to vacation the last week of June. We’re thinking maybe Lake Tahoe because we can stay at my grandparents’ cabin for free. Any other ideas?
68. Heather and I were talking about Hitchcock and I’m thinking we need to have a Hitchcock themed Halloween party this year. We could assign each person coming to dress up as a character from one of his movies so they would have to watch the movie ahead of time. Then we could make up our own version of the game Scene It just using Hitchcock clips. I think I need to keep brainstorming.
69. I have a BA in English and a MA in Children’s Literature, but the education that got me into my career was a multimedia class I took my junior year of high school.
70. Larry and I named our cars and almost always refer to them by name. My car, the Rodeo, is Ted and his car, the Elantra, is Petey.
71. I didn’t pick out my engagement ring. Larry did it completely on his own and surprised me, and I love it.
72. Since I’ve lived in Ohio, Larry and I have gone on road trips to Chicago, Louisville, Mammoth Caves, Toledo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Washington D.C., Boston, Niagara Falls, Toronto, and Nauvoo because we’re trying to see as much of the Midwest and East Coast and we can while we’re out here (Larry has also been to New York City and Philadelphia). We’re still hoping to make it to New York together and check out Nashville too. Maybe we’ll also make it up to Michigan this summer after their Ikea opens.
73. I’m really looking forward to the Pumpkin Show in Circleville this year because it’s the 100th! We cannot miss that!
74. In kindergarten I played a ladybug in our class play about Smokey the Bear and my one and only line was, “We’ll get the rocks!”
75. All of my grandparents are still alive and they’re awesome.
76. I have so many books that I sometimes buy duplicates without realizing it.
77. My sisters and I think Stephanie Ford sounds like a power 80’s name. Someone with that name should be an important Business Woman or an 80’s supermodel with big hair.
78. The title of my blog, Simply Radiant, is something two of my friends, Mary Ann Cameron and Jason Tyau and I always used to say.
79. When my friend Melinda and I used to get hit on by boys we used to give them the fake names Emmy and Di (short for Emerald and Diamond, because we are such gems of course!) We still call each other Emmy and Di to this day.
80. I hate the name Stephanie and when I told my mom that, she told me she’s never liked it either, and she thought that I should change it. She wanted to name me Felicity, but my dad wouldn’t let her.

3 comments:

I am Laura said...

Ok I laughed out loud at number 80. I can't believe your mom said that about your name. I was actually named Linda, but my dad changed it during my blessing so Laura it became. I love stories about names.

Melinda said...

I love you, Di!

Anonymous said...

So that's why you and Melinda call each other Di and Emmy.