Thursday, June 15, 2006

Vacation

I think I already told you that Larry and I have the last week of June off, but we couldn't decide where to go on vacation. Plane tickets to most of the places that we want to go are so expensive right now, but we've visited most places within driving distance of Columbus over the past few years. Last night we decided to to splurge and bought our tickets to Lake Tahoe. My grandparents own a cabin there and Larry has never been (which also means I haven't been in ages).

I can't believe how many people we've arranged to see on this trip. First, I have an eight hour layover in Denver. I know, you're thinking an eight hour layover is terrible, but it's not; it's wonderful. One of my best friends in the whole world, Alicia Hall, is moving to Denver and she will be flying in the same morning to we will be able to spend the day together.

Then I head on to meet up with Larry and my parents in Reno. In the middle of the week Larry and I will drive to Sacramento for Ben Shadle's wedding (Can you believe our little Benji is getting married? It seems like only yesterday he was living in our basement). After the wedding we'll probably spend the night at my Grandparents' house in Granite Bay (another place that I loved growing up and haven't visited in ages). Then it's back to Tahoe. Larry will fly back home on July 1st, but I will be driving back to Utah with my parents. I know it's a crazy long drive, but it will be worth it to see all of my friends and family in Utah (You know who you are, and if you're reading this blog, you better set up a time to get together with me while I'm in town).

Independence Day is a huge holiday in family so I'm really excited to spend the holiday in Utah. A lot of my extended family has moved to Utah since I've moved to Ohio, and I'm always so jealous when they all get together and I miss it. This time I will actually be there.

So much to look forward to!

No comments: