Friday, July 14, 2006

A vampire and a skateboard

Larry and I have been a little boring lately. I blame the nasty humidity for taking away my will to leave the house, or even leave the couch for that matter. I get to this point of the summer when we've passed the Fourth of July, and I feel like I'm being smothered every moment that I spend outdoors, and I crave fall. Oh yes, I said it, I want summer to be over! I love school supplies, and fall clothes, and crisp air. I'm already dreaming of putting out Halloween decorations so maybe that's why I couldn't resist these candle sticks when I saw them yesterday.

I went into HomeGoods looking for cute cake plates to stack and display cupcakes, but I came out with this creepy purchase instead. As you know I love decorating for holidays and I thought these were necessary for whatever we decide to do for Halloween this year (I'm still toying with the idea of a Hitckcock Halloween party this year, would you want to come to a Hitchcock party?)

Larry and I did briefly brave the humidity and pulled out our skateboards to roam the neighborhood the other night (granted it was 10:30 at night so we didn't go out in too much heat). I haven't skateboarded in years, and you know what I remembered? Uh, I am not a good skateboarder! It was fun, but I think it will be a little more fun after I tighten my trucks so my board's not so wobbly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so cool. I wish I was related to you! Oh wait, I am, and I am still not cool.
I'd so come to a Hitchcock party.

Candice