Monday, August 14, 2006

Our Update

Larry worked all weekend, but we still managed to fit in some fun. We were able to go to dinner and movie with the Zozzes on Friday and had dinner with friends and dessert with the Zozzes later in the weekend too. Since Larry worked on Saturday and Sunday I had plenty of time to put together these shower invitations for my friend Rachel's shower. I'm pretty happy with the way the invitations turned out, but not too happy with the way these pictures turned out. Anyway, here are the pictures.
Invitations front: Invitation inside:Envelope Front:
Envelope inside:They were fun, but I'm gald that I'm done with them, and I'm sure Larry's ready for me to clean up my huge mess. Spending so much time at Donny and Jessica's has inspired Larry and I to do a little more work on our house. I can't believe how much work they've put into their house this last month, and it looks so good. We're going to try to patch the paint in the guestroom where a border was in hopes that we don't have to repaint, hang some of the pictures that we still have sitting around, and organize the basement (the task that I'm dreading the most!).

It seems like fall gives me the inspiration to set more goals and get organized. I know most people feel that way in January, but even though I'm out of school, the beginning of the school year always seems like the start of a new year to me (I'm sure that's partially due to the fact that Larry's residency falls into the same school-year schedule).

The happiest news of the weekend is that Keri found a couple to stay with Grandpa Ford. He is being released from rehabilitation and nursing this month, but he's not ready to live on his own and we knew the home healthcare that we have arranged would not be enough support for him. Luckily Keri found a young couple (and one that she actually knows well, which is a relief to us all) that will setup their home in Grandpa Ford's basement and help him a few hours everyday in between school and work schedules. Hopefully it will be beneficial to all of them. We feel so lucky to have everything worked out!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph, you are amazing! Those invitations are so cute. I hope that you are having a great day.
-Mary Ann

Elisa said...

Those invitations are darling! Seriously, you are good at this stuff. I wish I were a graphic designer.

Thanks for the Cinderella books. I was thinking of trying to make a brave Princess collection for my daughter. She is all about the princesses, and if she is going to want to be a princess I at least want her to be a brave, smart one.

I can't believe your sister dated Bingley!!! That cracks me up because in the extras I thought he was EXACTLY like the character.

Anonymous said...

The invitation seriously turned out well. I am impressed.

You rock!

Cassie L. said...

For someone who makes comments about not being crafty, you knock us all out of the water. I LOVE that invite - you are too good.

Melinda said...

3 things:
1 - The invitation is beyond darling
2 - So great about Grandpa.
3 - You are a gutsy woman to attempt your basement. Mine scares me!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I read your blog. I had not heard the latest on Grandpa Ford. The invitations are so clever.

Anonymous said...

Steph, Cute invitations and so original. I talked to Creed tonight. He wants to work out details with Kerry and her friends before he commits. Kerry's friend, Lindsey, started as an assistant recreational therapist today. ONR is excited to have her. I hope everything works out for everyone. ONR should be paying me a finders fee for employees. I've found at least 4 for them lately. Mom

Anonymous said...

Steph, thanks for the invites! You are an amazingly crafty person!
I'm hoping that a teeny bit of that will rub off on me the next time we hang out. Though not very likely.
~Rachel