Friday, May 11, 2007

Wonderful Wednesday

I'm a little behind around here so I'm just getting to telling you about our Wednesday. Creed and I went delivering. I know that I've talked about it here before, but for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, delivering is a tradition that I started in high school. On days that I was feeling awful or I was just plain bored I would pick up a bunch of something (bagels, popcicles, cheap magazines, whatever) and then I delivered them to whoever came to mind; people that I thought could use a little cheering up or people that I hadn't had a chance to visit with in a while, etc. It's the best way to cheer yourself up and it's also something that I like to do if I'm having a hard time with my goal of a daily act of service that I wouldn't normally do (I haven't done very well with that goal since having Creed so I'm really working on that now). Wednesday I delivered lotion, but I still have a few deliveries left to make another day. And Creed and I made it home in time to see this site.Oh yes, that's OSU's new Outstanding Housestaff Member!!!!! The medical students vote on the most outstanding housestaff every year and this year Larry was selected. They only chose 3 of the 600 residents and fellows and I'm so proud of him. He'll be receiving his award at the commencment services in June. And I also have to mention that Larry absolutely HATES mowing the lawn so that's always a big act of service on his part.

And last, but not least, I had to include this picture of Creed. Someone around here is really chunking up and it's not me! I swear he's wearing a diaper, but you can't see it under there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no service?!? Every late night feeding, every diaper change, every blog not updated, every Target not shopped at, every vomit-crusted shirt - all of it for baby - and all of it service. In fact, so service-laden have you been, that when Creed grows up you'll be able to take a few years off of any service!

And I think I wouldn't hate mowing the lawn so much if I realized how good I looked doing it. (Just kidding!)

You're the best Steph!

Reba said...

Love the lotion, Steph, but it was even more fun to be visited!