Saturday, June 07, 2008

Columbus Arts Festival

After a day of hanging out around the house and packing a few boxes, we decided to pick up the Erneys and head to the Columbus Arts Festival. I think the Columbus Art Festival chooses booths based on how much money they charge for things, not neccessarily the quality of their art, because there's never much that appeals to me and it's always so expensive. Why don't they gather local Etsy sellers like Eva's Sycamore Street Press and all of the CCAD students who go to school righ tthere to be a part of the festival? (Actually, on a side-note, I've heard that's just what they did for the North Market's Artisan Sundays, and there is an awesome selection of local arts and crafts, but alas, I'll never know because that only takes place on the first Sunday of each month this summer, and I don't shop in Sundays)

So why would I go the the Columbus Art Festival, knowing that I wouldn't buy anything? Well, for one thing, it's always fun to look and people watch. Two, it was a good chance to hang out with the Erneys. Three, because of construction on the riverfront, the festival was moved to the discovery district, which is on the east side of downtown and includes CCAD and the Columbus Museum of Art and my old office downtown. It was fun to be back in the neighborhood.


Sorry no pictures of the art because I felt like that would be rude, but here's a picture of Larry and Creed under the Art Sculpture. And the view of two of my old offices (ok, that's boring to everyone but me).
The most exciting part of the evening for Creed was . . . the bike racks! He thought they were awesome. Who needs art of good food when you can climb on a bike rack?

3 comments:

This Charming Girl said...

um, when are you coming back here?
Let me know and i'll help you move n' stuff.

with love,

asian invasion

Mom said...

A friend told me years ago - adults don't know where the fun is. We're old - we think we know, but only kids can find the real fun - obviously!

Del and Tina said...

Larry, check this out:

http://harrisschool.uchicago.edu/Students/phd-students/currentphds/patrick-wightman.asp

Del