Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ollie is Awake!

I'll be honest, the first week and a half home with Ollie was rough. It involved a lot of crying on my part as I worried about him (He wasn't doing well in the beginning and lost a lot of weight, but has since recovered), I worried about Creed adjusting, and I just plain worried about everything (I was really hormonal and emotional). I wouldn't say that we've settled into a routine yet, but I would say that we are all doing a lot better. We even get to see Ollie awake during the day once in a while.
He's tiny and cute!
He's totally different from Creed at this age; he sleeps way more, he's extremely calm, and so far his complexion is a lot darker. I can't wait to get to know him better.

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hey Stephanie, I ran across your blog on a friends blog. I love seeing what your up to. Your family is so cute!! I have an Oliver as well. Mine is almost 3, He had breathing problems too when he was born and spent time in the hospital. I know just what your going through! Life will get back to a new normal! Take care
Vanessa Davis

camala said...

Oh, I remember those days. I remember crying so hard when my husband went back to work because I didn't think I could take care of my little one by myself. Sigh...all the crying (from me!)

Take care, Ollie is quite a cutie!

Porche' said...

I'm so glad to hear that both of the boys are doing better and you are too! Ollie is really super cute and so is his bouncy chair! Do you mind sharing where you got it?

Stephanie Ford said...

The bouncy seat is made by Dwell and it's from Target, but you can online buy it online, not in stores. It's a little pricey because it has an MP3 player, but it was a gift from my mom.

Beazer said...

I can completely connect with the new mom hormones. Q calls it the mother-bear instinct.

Three cheers for calm, content babies!