Monday, February 07, 2011

February Favorites- 2011

This month's favorites list is of full of things that are making me smile during this gray weather.

Old Movie of the Month: Father Goose.  Cary Grant is even charming when he plays a drunk.


Picture Book of the Month: Press Here by Herve Tullet.  It's not out yet, but watch the trailer and you'll want to own it too.


Middle-Grade Fiction of the Month: The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger.  It was so great that I might have squealed when I heard there will be a sequel.  It starts off slow, bu tyou will love it in the end.

Grown-up Book of the Month: 84 Charring Cross Road by Helene Hanff.  A completely true, charming story that will make you believe there are good people out there.

Song of the Month: This Mashup by Neon Trees - You had me at Stand By Me and cause they're from Provo and so am I (sort of)



Music Video of the Month: Sesame Street, Celebrity Lullabies.  I promise it will make you smile.

2 comments:

amyh said...

84 Charing Cross Road is one of my all-time favorites!

Hobbie said...

Love your blog!!
I found it as I was searching for Robot Birthday Party ideas and have been hooked:)
I was wondering if you might be able to let me know where you found the robots for the stencil shirts you made in March 2009 (if you still have the info)
I would REALLY appriciate it.:)

P.s. nice to know someone else appriciates Cary Grant as much as I do:)