Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Oliver Danger Turns Two

Once upon a time, way back in February, Ollie turned two.  We had a simple family party for him later, but we tried to fill his real birthday with the things he loves.  We started off the day with my favorite birthday tradition, I always like to gift them a book they love to add to their own collection to share with their own families someday and I write a little note to them in it (and someday when I'm really on top of things, I tell myself I will tape A picture of them at that age in their books).

I usually have the books ready ahead of time, but this time Ollie came along to make his selection.  He picked Spot Says Goodnight and I picked up Stuck because I deserve a reward for having him, right?
 I had to run to Michael's on an errand so I let him go to town picking out $1 windup toys to play with at home/
 And we had just enough time to stop for a treat before we had to pick up Creed at preschool
 Larry was home when he woke up from his nap so we gave him his gifts, a tent and his own Hex bug track (because that's the number one thing snatches from Creed)


 Then we were off on adventure. I think the highlight of the day for him was when we turned around his car seat, a momentous occasion indeed.
 We spent the afternoon at the dinosaur museum because Ollie LOVES dinosaurs.






 My parents met up with us afterward to give Ollie his gift (you can see him hoarding the Hex Bugs)

 And in true Ollie fashion, he was excited about the cupcake but couldn't be bothered to eat much of it.
We are so lucky to have this sweet little guy in our lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) birthday Oliver!

(and I had never thought about how awesome it would be when your parents turned around the carseat - a whole new view of the world!)

Kelli Radmall said...

How cute! Happy Late Birthday Ollie!

Mom said...

What a cutie! Happy Birthday Ollie!